Monday, October 24, 2011

Busy bee!

I feel like I have been slacking on my blogging. It really isn't my fault at all, we have been so busy lately. Well first we went to NY for my mom's birthday a few weekends ago and got to spend some quality time. It had been about a month since we had seen my parents so it was nice for all of us to be together and for Adrianna to give lots of hugs and kisses and show off all of her new skills she has learned. That same weekend we headed to the Bronx to celebrate Joe's grandfather's 81st birthday! A  bunch of his family got together at a local restaurant and we were able to see some we hardly ever get to see. It is so fun to show Adrianna off to loved ones :) Joe's brother and his wife also flew in from FL for the birthday party and they had some pretty exciting news....they are expecting their first baby in April! We are so excited for them, they will make fabulous parents and that precious little baby is going to be so darn cute! Adrianna loves other children so it is very exciting that she will soon have someone to play with at family functions, they will be just about 2 years apart. Plus I get to be an aunt, which is a very fun realization for me. I can't wait to buy cute baby things.....they are going to wait to find out the sex of the baby and there is nothing I love more than surprises!
I would normally have tons of pictures of that very fun-filled weekend but oddly enough, I was suffering with pretty severe back pains. I am not sure how I injured my back but it was so painful that I ended up in the ER. Two back injections and some muscle relaxers later I am now about 85% better than I was about 2 weeks ago. I start physical therapy tomorrow for a possible herniated disc/pinched nerve injury. I really hope this helps me feel better because I really don't want to have an MRI or any other medical procedures. Back problems are not easy to cure and the thought of having back surgery scares the living s*%^ outta me! Here's hoping everything turns out ok. Somewhere in between all of that activity, we thought it would be a brilliant idea to move into a different house on base because it offered a different layout and fenced in backyard for our dogs. We couldn't have picked worse timing, with my back being out I was pretty useless in any of the moving which made everything a little more stressful and a little less organized. we did it though, thanks to Joe's wonderful parents. They really seem to get us out of some pretty sticky situations sometimes and we are just so grateful for them. Now that I am feeling better I get to redecorate and have fun with all of the unpacking....which I hate doing ha! At least we were able to get rid of a lot of junk we had piling up around our house so hopefully when we HAVE to move next it wont be as cluttered, which I doubt.
Adrianna turned 15 months as well a few weeks ago and it really is just heart warming to see all of the new things she is learning. She can point to and name several things around the house, her favorite is grabbing anything; remotes, teddy bears, and sometimes and actual ball and throwing it while screaming "BALL" at the top of her lungs. She is such an amazing little person. She says "night night" and lays down on the floor and then pops her head up and starts laughing because I pretend to get scared....she loves it. by far the funniest and cutest thing she does now is talk on the phone in her own baby babble. It is so cute! So now whenever the phone rings she is trying to pry it away from my ear so she can talk too. Hubby mentioned yesterday that he almost started crying because while he was playing with her in the backyard it hit him that he can actually PLAY with her in the backyard.....she runs after him and the dogs and just loves to crunch leaves beneath her feet. Such a fun age. She is going to be a bumble bee for Halloween, and so am I! I can't wait to take her trick'er treating, we have been practicing buzzing like a bee...."bee" ready for some cute pics and videos! :)
She loves watching the squirrels 

"No No" screaming to the squirrels 

She kept saying "bye bye" because she wanted to go outside

Is it too early for winter PJs?

Taking a phone call

In the mean time, check her out talking to her uncle Kev and enjoy a few recent pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment