Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy St. Joseph's day

When I first met my husband, 7 years ago today, I had never heard of "St. Joseph's day." Italians always have an excuse to make delicious food and pastries...and I'm not complaining I love the lifestyle! Well there is a delicious cannoli filled pastry that is traditionally enjoyed on March 19th called St. Joseph's cake. Its pretty much a Zeppoli filled with cannoli cream....you give it to the Joseph's in your family. I had the pleasure of enjoying that yummy treat for the first time 7 years ago.

My Joseph is so special to me. We met through his twin brother, Paul, while I was working at a local Starbucks during my college years. I would have never imagined that he would be the man that I would marry, the future father of my child(ren). Love happens when you least expect it but when you need it most. His family quickly became my family and vice versa. They have always treated me like a daughter, grand-daughter, niece, sister, like I have always belonged. My in-laws really are amazing people. They are giving, compassionate and understanding....always willing to lend a hand. My mother in law is my second mother. When my mom was going through her health complications I felt like I had a second "mom" making me feel at ease. She was there at the birth of my daughter when my mother couldn't be and I will always be thankful and grateful. 





Joe and I clicked from the very beginning and have been through it all, well not all but it sure feels like it. We had a successful long distance relationship full of trust. Joe commissioned into the Air Force after we had been dating for about a year. We were apart for almost 2 years and that made us stronger as a couple. We got married on June 15, 2007 and have a beautiful baby girl together. We travel, enjoy life, enjoy spending time with our families and just continue to grow as individuals as well as in our marriage.















And now we have the perfect little family. Our Chihuahua pups, Rosie and Guinness











 and our wonderful daughter Adrianna. March 19th will always be a very special day in my heart. My happy St Joseph's day..




No comments:

Post a Comment