Monday, July 9, 2012

Two Years

Baby Girl,
It has been two whole years since daddy and I welcomed you into the world. What a whirlwind of a year this has been for us. We have been through so much, learned, laughed, and made some wonderful memories. 

Lets start with some of our travels. This year we took you on a few road trips. You've been to Disney World more times than daddy and I have ever been. We went to Colorado and watched daddy get his masters degree. We visited friends at our first base assignment in Georgia and saw mommy and daddy's first house. We visited family in NY, went exploring in NH and did a sleigh ride. We took you to Miami a few times to spend time with your great grandparents and aunts/uncles/cousins from my side of the family. We made some amazing memories through these trips.

I can't even begin to write about all of the new stuff you have learned baby girl. You continue to amaze us every single day. While your daddy was deployed we stayed with him for a few months in Tampa and you really picked up a lot of new things there. You said your first full sentence there, "Where did it go?" and you learned to say your name. You even learned that the moon comes out at night and that it was too high. You are so funny, you really tried to jump and catch it and believe me baby girl when I say I would totally get it for you if I could. I would give you anything, that's how much I love you.

When daddy went away we went to Miami to stay with family and you learned even more things. You learned how to jump with both feet off the ground, you learned to recognize your name when I wrote it on a piece of paper, and you learned how to count and recognize colors. You are just amazing. You need me to pay attention to you when you speak. If I don't you grab my face and turn it so I face you. You look into my eyes and babble away and trust me I try so hard to understand what you are saying. Whatever it is, it is very important for you to communicate it to me. I love when you do that :) It has been easier to understand you more lately. You ask for food when hungry and do lots of pretend play with you baby dolls and with cars/legos/blocks/pretty much anything. You love to wear mommy's heels, and look so proud when I tell you that you look just like mommy. You even learned the concept of Skype and would ask for daddy or Abuela when you opened the app. Yes, you have grown quite fond of the iPad. It is so funny because you know exactly how to work it too. Another new thing you do now is you wont leave the house without your blankie which you call "B" and your kitty beanie baby that you call "keeey." And I think it is adorable that you need them to sleep with as well.

Since we have been back home and reunited with daddy, he has loved to see all of the new things you have learned. It is so fun living life through your innocent point of view. You have such a beautiful personality. You are so funny, you love to make other people laugh and love being the center of attention. You are very opinionated, you make sure that we understand what ever it is you need for us to understand. You very rarely get angry, but when you do watch out. It is all part of being 2, learning how to be your own person in a world where you are constantly told what to do. You have even received a few time outs for tantrums and you do very well with them. You give me a hug and say sorry right away. I wonder how much you can actually understand about your little world sometimes....probably more than I think you do. You are so intelligent, you love to read and you love to color. Give you a crayon and paper and you will be entertained for hours. You love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Olivia, Bubble Guppies and pretty much anything with Blues Clues and elmo. In fact, whenever you see a paw print anywhere you yell out "clue clue!" So cute. Your favorite movies are Toy Story (all of them), Dumbo, Gnomeo and Juliet, and Tangled. You have a Tangled magic flower that lights up when you tap it and you sing the song when it lights up. You know the song..."flower gleam and glow, let your power shine..." That is something you did for the first time today. It isn't very clear but you know what you are saying. And you did it in your new big girl bed. We are so proud of you for sleeping so soundly in it. Just amazing. We had a birthday party for you last week in Miami, took you to see Brave today, have a Little Gym birthday party this coming Saturday and a BBQ at "Maaa" Lisa's house next week. You are one loved little girl. Mommy has been through some hard times these past few months and if it weren't for you I would be very sad. I don't even want to imagine a life without you. Because of your smile, I smile. You make everyone around you fall in love with you and if that isn't special well then I don't know what is. We love you more than words can describe. Living life through your eyes is like being a child again and it is truly a gift and a blessing. we can't wait to see what this year has in store.

Love Always,
Momma and Dadda (who you call Joe and it is adorable)


-To you, everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
And I'd give all I have, honey, if you could stay like that
-Taylor Swift






No comments:

Post a Comment