Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Reading...

I am so glad I have gotten back into the habit of reading books again. I finally feel like I have time during the day to sit and read while Adrianna takes her long 3 hour nap. 3 HOURS! I am so spoiled :) I read for half the time and do chores and stuff the other half...it is wonderful. Within the past 3 weeks I read the Hunger Games trilogy and finished book one of 50 Shades of Grey. Hunger Games was amazing! I love books that make me question life and get me thinking about important aspects of our society. It was very well written and the movie was also amazing. I got caught up in the love story as well, so nice to escape into my imagination for a few hours a day. I even stayed up way past my bedtime to finish the books.
Yesterday I finished the first 50 Shades book. I have never been so..umm...moved by a book haha! For those that have read it, you can relate with me when I say I couldn't read this book during the day or in public. Holy cow there is a lot of detailed sex in that book! But besides that, I got very caught up in the 50 Shades of F#*ed up that is Mr. Grey. The psychologist in me was very intrigued and the previous CPS worker in me was investigating the snip-its of scenarios he vaguely describes and was putting the pieces together to figure out his up bringing. I can't wait to read book two. So if anyone is looking for a good read that is not all over the media and in the conversations of too many pre-teens for my liking, check out 50 Shades of Grey.

P.S. My inner goddess is hoping this book is turned into an HBO series... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment